Phone Module Settings
First, drag a phone module into your Sign Up Form:
Once you've dragged in your phone module, you'll see a generic Compliance Message is automatically included. A Compliance Message is required anytime you are asking users to subscribe to receive SMS messages from you.
On the righthand side, you'll see Component Settings for your phone module:
- Label: This automatically appears above the form field with the default name of “Phone”. This is an optional setting.
- Placeholder: The form placeholder automatically appears within the form field with the default name of “Mobile Number”. This is an optional setting. Tip: The number format that this field accepts is xxx-xxx-xxxx (traditional US number). It’s a great idea to include something similar in your Placeholder as an example for future subscribers.
- Country: The country is set for the United States and this validates that the phone number submitted to this field is in the correct format for US phone numbers. Springbot does not currently support phone numbers outside of the United States.
- Keyword List: Select which Keyword List you'd like new SMS subscribers to be added to.
- Required: The required field is an optional setting that requires users to enter their phone number before submitting the form.
Next, if you'd like to edit the styling of different components of your phone module, such as the font color in a text module, toggle over to Style Settings (paintbrush icon) on the righthand side:
Radio Module Settings (Optional)
The radio module is similar to check box, however the radio module allows only one option to be chosen. This is useful if you'd like include a more direct message around signing up to receive SMS messages, but it is not required.
First, drag in the radio module to your sign up form. From there, you can edit the Component Settings on the righthand side:
Configuring your Component Settings:
- Label: Just like in all the other forms, each radio button must be accompanied by a label describing the choice it represents.
- Value: The value is never shown to the user. Instead, it's used to identify which radio button in a group is selected.
- Attribute Name: All radio buttons with the same name are treated as a group.
- Required: Select whether you would like these fields to be required or not.
Next, if you'd like to edit the styling of different components of your phone module, such as the font color, toggle over to Style Settings (paintbrush icon) on the righthand side as shown in the Phone Module section.
Once a user has successfully subscribed to receive updates from you, they will see a success message. If you're collecting SMS subscribers, we recommend including a message asking to confirm their SMS subscription by replying to the text they just received. Users will be asked to reply back with the keyword they subscribed to. Replying with the keyword is required in order for that user to be added to your keyword list. Please find more information on configuring your Success Page here.
As mentioned above, once a user successfully enters their phone number in your sign up form, they will automatically receive a confirmation text asking them to reply back with the keyword. In order for users to successfully subscribe to receive SMS messages from you, they must reply back to the confirmation text they received with the keyword. Once the contact confirms, they will receive your Welcome Auto-Response for that keyword and will be added to your keyword list!
Questions? Our team is here for you! If you need additional help, please drop us a line at email@example.com.