From the main dashboard, click Campaigns and select Sign Up Forms from the drop down menu. Click Create Signup Form in the upper right hand corner.
- The Configure page will prompt you to:
- Enter a name for your Sign Up Form
- Select which email list(s) you’d like new subscribers to land in
- Choose Embedded Form
Once you’ve selected Embedded Form, click Next to proceed to the Design Content page to begin designing your embedded form. You’ll see a default template to help get you started:
The default Embedded Form will have Email as the default Type & Attribute name for the Input Form, as the singular purpose for the embedded form is to give users another opportunity to subscribe to your emails. We recommend keeping a simple design and clear call-to-action when creating an embedded form.
When a new subscriber successfully subscribes via embedded form, the page will refresh with a short success message thanking the subscriber for signing up.
You can edit the default text by clicking into the text module:
Once your embedded form is complete, select copy Embedded Form Code and paste it on the backend of your site.
Embedding the form code onto your site:
The steps for adding the code to your website varies depending on which shopping cart you're using.
- From your Big Commerce admin, go to Storefront -- this should take you to the "My Themes" section
- Your current theme should be at the top of the page. Select "Advanced" and then "Make a Copy". We suggest naming this new theme something that will remind you that this is the version with the Springbot Embedded Form included. Then click "Save a Copy"
- Next, under "My Themes", you should see your newly saved theme listed first. Click on the three dots (...) and select "Edit Theme Files"
- Expand “Templates” > “Components” > “Common” > find “footer.html” or “newsletter-signup.html”
To ensure the Springbot form is formatted correctly, you can use the first line of styling from the existing form, “<article class="footer-info-col" data-section-type="newsletterSubscription">
Remember to close the form by adding </article> after the last </div> and before </section>
Now, paste the Springbot Embedded Form code between the <article class= and the </article>, select “Save File” and then click Preview to see how your form looks
Once you're done, make sure to publish your changes in your newly saved theme!
- From your Shopify admin, go to Online Store > Themes
- Find the theme you want to edit and click the Customize button for the theme
- Click the Settings tab > Click Add section
- In the Advanced layout area, click Custom HTML > Add
- Click Custom HTML, and enter the HTML code that you want to embed on your home page > Click Save
- You can also refer to this article from Shopify for more help!
- Go to Admin > CMS > Static Blocks
- Pages > select page > content > select insert widget icon > Widget Type “CMS Static Block” > under Widget Options select the Static Block you created for your sign up form > Insert Widget
If you're looking to place your Embedded Form on your WordPress site, please email email@example.com and our team can provide a custom line of code specific for your site that you can use to place the form properly.