What is an Action Step?
Once you’ve added your Trigger Step, Timing Step and optional Conditional Step into your Automation, it’s time to take Action!
The Action Step sends an email once you’ve established your trigger, timing and any conditional criteria the recipient must meet before you’d like to take action.
If you have the Facebook Abandoned Cart Messenger feature in your plan, you will also have the ability to add a Facebook Messenger action. Interested in adding the Facebook Messenger feature to your account? Learn more here!
Adding an Email Action Step:
- Drag the Take action! module from the left panel into your flow. Once the Action Step is added to your flow, click into the Action module so it’s highlighted green. Please note an Action can only be added after the Trigger and Timing steps.
- This will prompt you to name your Action in the left panel. Be sure to name it something that relates to the Action you’re taking, such as Welcome Email.
- Next, click on Action Step and on the left panel and choose Email.
- You will now see your Configure Settings:
From Name & From Email Address: this will automatically populate what you have listed in your Settings
Subject Line: you can select a default subject line, or you can create your own using the Other option from the drop down menu
Preheader Text: this text is a preview the recipient will see on their desktop or mobile device. We encourage adding a blurb here that will capture the reader’s attention and entice them to open your email!
Default Customer Name: if we don't know a shoppers first or last name, this is how you will "greet" them. Valued Customer, Shopper and Friend all work great here, but you can also use a more personalized name if it fits your brand.
Domain Blacklist: This will populate from your Settings
Demo Email Address: This will populate from your Settings
- From Name & From Email Address: this will automatically populate what you have listed in your Settings
- Once you’ve added your Subject Line & Preheader text, it’s time to customize the content of this Action Email! Click on the pencil icon to be taken to the email editor to edit the content of this email action.
- From here, you will be prompted to make a Template Selection. You can choose from Recommended, Existing Triggered Emails or Code Your Own.
- Once your edits are complete, select Save and Exit in the upper right corner to return to Flow within the Automation Editor.
- These emails will not be sent until you toggle this Automation ON in your Automations dashboard!
Have questions or need more help? Reach out to our Customer Success team at email@example.com!